Beady I Bead: How to make accessories with beads
Depending on the type of accessory you want to make, beads can be used in different ways such as making necklaces, bracelets and even charms. They can also be spotted on people’s clothes as designs. No matter what type of accessory or object, beads can always make everything beautiful.
Beady I Bead has all the necessary beads you need to make the perfect accessories. Discover how creative you can be when you create various accessories!
With that said, here’s how you can make accessories with beads:
Bracelets are fun and easy to make and you can give them to people you love the most. These accessories can be created by people of all ages, especially kids who want to make friendship bracelets and charms.
Here’s how you can make beaded bracelets:
- Prepare all the tools you need so you don’t have to get up in the middle of making a bracelet because you forgot one tool. Some of the tools you’ll need are beading wire, beads, scissors, tape or binder clip and glue
- If you’re a beginner, consider using an elastic band because you can simply tie both ends together without using a clasp. Clear elastic bands have different thickness and you can choose one depending on your preferences and the type of beads you’ll use
- Once you get the hang of making beaded bracelets, try using wire to give your bracelets a more professional look. Although this type of wire can’t be tied like elastic, it can be connected together using crimps and clasps
- You’ll also need to be mindful of the length of the string you’ll use because it will depend on the size of the beads that will be included in the bracelet
- Find out how you want the beads to go together. You can mix and match different types of beads to know which ones look well together
- Arrange the beads according to your liking before putting them on the elastic or wire. You can place them on a platform to give you an idea of how the bracelet will look like.
Keychains and charms bring life to your personal items like wallet, bags and keys. What makes these accessories unique is their customizability.
Here’s how to create a charm or keychain:
- Paint your beads with the colour you like. This is ideal if you’ll be using wooden beads because you have the freedom to choose the colour combinations. Before you start painting, make sure that you use bright and fun colours so it’ll stand out
- Apply two coats of paint to make sure the colour sticks well on the beads
- Attach tassels at the end of the beads or at the keyring as an added accessory to bring a pop of colour and flair to your charm/keychain
- Place the string of beads you created at the keyring.